Hi,

Great part! thumbsup Batman can help too?

"Mom," I say. "I'm only twelve. And you're my mother. And you're the best mother in the world. And I love you to bits and I can't live without you. But that's my father up there in space and he's dying right now and I'm the only one who can do anything to help him! I must help him!!!"

"You can't", Mom says. "I forbid you."
confused Which side of the family is that temper coming Lane or Kent?

I know Mom is a famous reporter, but there's no way she's making enough money to pay for all the property I keep destroying. Maybe Batman can fix this door, too, just like he fixed Sheriff Harris' cell?

I'll worry about that later, because now I'm outside. I can see some Metropolis skyline, so I know I'm more or less at home.
confused Did she destroy the door?

confused What about the security of Star Lab?

No matter. I fell. But I didn't hit the ground. I flew.

"I'm going out there on my own," I say to Mom. "If you don't let me have a space suit and a space ship I'll go there anyway."

"You're going to die if you try," Mom says quietly.

"Maybe," I tell her. "But maybe I'll survive if you'll let me have the suit and the ship."

Mom is just looking at me. Then something seems to, I don't know, leak out of her. She's looking smaller. Defeated somehow.

Then she straightens up and looks at Doctor Klein.

"How soon can you have the suit and the ship ready?"
eek How did Lois find her?

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF