Thank you, everybody, for your kind comments. I was absolutely terrified when I posted (I still am!) I, like any nervous author, kept hitting the "refresh" button every 30 seconds. It completely shocked me that, no more than 15 minutes after the story went up, I had comments. And the number of them! Wow. As I told Rivka in an email, I really only expected a couple of pity-comments. Certainly not this! So thank you, very much.

So now I think I'll address some of the major issues pointed out to me by your responses.

Of course, I need to yell at you for stopping it where you stopped it! AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH! Post the next part! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And then ARGH ARGH NO!
AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will fix this! or else...
That last Wham was too much!
Bad author!! Bad!
how could you leave us there??
EXCEPT the final paragraph
But yikes!! evil

And I see that a few people seem to agree with me about Dick Clark:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> yes, Dick Clark *is* a freak of nature
The Dick Clark discussion was hilarious
The part at the beginning about Dick Clark was so funny -- and so true . There is something really freaky about him
I thought so! He gives me the shivers!! Hehe

People seem to have liked the present and the wrapping paper <g> too.
Aw, Lois' gift was so great. Real personal touch to it
and I loved the collage
loved the birthday wrapping paper
And I loved the gift Lois gave Clark and I thought the "Happy Birthday" wrapping paper was just hillarious!
I love the Christmas present wrapped up in birthday paper.
Loved the present, (yep the birthday paper - a nice Lois touch)
I am *so* glad you liked this. I took my *forever* to think of anything. I knew she had to give him a present but I really had no idea what she would give him. So I went around asking my friends. "If you were in love with this guy but you hadn't told him and you had to give him a Christmas present what would it be?" And of course half of my friends asked why I wanted a Christmas present in June, and the other half wanted to know who I was in love with. But, I have no idea how the present thing got into my head, but I'm sure glad it did!

cont. in next post <g>

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters