Smirky...

@#$%&^*!?!?!?!

razz

Clark's panic attack nearly made me cry. And despite my monumental irritation with Lois, I really appreciate that she feels protective of him. Although I'm not sure it's not just because she subconciously recognizes him as Superman.

Ann, I usually agree with you about Clark lying to Lois, but I think his continued reticence to let her in on the secret is perfectly understandable here. He loves her, after all, and he feels himself to be less than a man at the moment. It was bad enough that she dismissed him as a coward when she'd seen him as Clark Kent, but to have to shatter her illusions of the superhero she loves would be the final blow for his extremely fraile ego right now.

And there's th fact that he thinks he's "protecting her". Unlike most other instances when he had got this notion embedded in his addled pate, this is not as lunkheaded a conclusion as it seems, considering that even Lois conceded that nobody should know of her friendhsip with Superman as she could be used to get to him.

Anyway, Smirky, really looking forward to chap 33!

thumbsup
R-E-V-E-L-A-T-I-O-N!!!! R-E-V-E-L-A-T-I-O-N!!!! R-E-V-E-L-A-T-I-O-N!!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.