I believe you must mean competitive, here. Combative gives the feeling that she is fighting a war (Well, she is kind of, but I don't think that's what you meant.)
Ohh... ok... I'll try to explain I meant... I'm not sure competitive is right for it.

Metaphorically I see her like a boxer, you know, with her gloves on and ready to fight - and she's not going to give up. She's fighting to save Superman, litterally.

What would be a better word, you think?

Hmmm... Now, why didn't Clark hear Lois? Curiouser and curiouser....
Oh... Don't read too much into that. He's just really completely lost in thought, not paying attention *at all* to what's going on.

Why would he do this when he has a lovely balcony?
Clark ran into the alley behind his apartment, then spun into the Suit and took off to the sky.
They left the apartment together, sorry if that wasn't obvious enough. If he ran back inside, she'd think it was suspicious. wink So he went in whatever direction was opposite hers and just went in the alley to change.

And same reason I made him land back in the alley... If anyone was watching his comings and goings, it would be best if they saw him come back the way he came. Although, I'm not sure it makes much difference where he lands to come back home.

wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies