Hi everyone, thanks for your comments!

I know I must have crossed a line in terms of cruelty when you guys question every moderately nice thing I allow to happen to these characters. Maria, it was just a dream - no one is trying to manipulate Clark while he's sleeping.

Carol, thanks for your comments. It's very flattering to hear that you feel these characters have grown and developed over the course of the story. I think that is every writer's hope. I never gave much thought to Dr. Friskin, either, but I feel like she really has a role to play in this story, so I'm hoping I got it right. We'll see.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Liz. I appreciate it.

Hi, Terry. Thanks for always commenting on every section. I agree that Ching and Zara deserve to be able to celebrate their relationship openly instead of having to sneak around. Whether or not their relationship brings them difficulties... I'm not going to say. I agree that the complicated problems these characters face won't be untangled easily, even when families are reunited.

Hi, Ann. Thanks again for reading, even though this was another emotionally difficult section. Your compliments made my day. 'Delicate' is probably the nicest adjective anyone's ever used to describe my writing style. I didn't even realize it until you mentioned it, but that is exactly what I was hoping to achieve, especially with this section.

There will be more soon, folks. I hope you enjoy what's coming up in this story. Thanks again, as always, for reading along and taking the time to comment.