I've been checking in on this story along with the rest for a while now, and I apologize for not posting feedback till now. I was thinking I'd wait for the story to be finished, read it closely in the archive, and then add my thoughts on it to an e-mail that has been shamefully stuck in my drafts folder since the tail-end of last year, when I first read "Made to be Broken."

Then this chapter came along, and I could simply not let it pass without comment, because it was just that good. It reminded me of what I most admire about your writing, the sheer, exquisite, take-your-breath-away depth of emotion. "Made to be Broken" was the first story I read in this fandom that swept me away like that, and so this one has, too.

There are so many wonderful lines in this installment, that I think I'll end up quoting most of it back to you if I tried to list them all. So I'll just say that Clark's thoughts during the rescue, his reasons for not wanting Lois to be there, were very striking to me. They really reached into the heart of the character. And Lois' response and analysis of Clark and Superman were spot-on.

Loved every bit of how their mental link colored their interactions in this section. The thoughts and emotions seeping through were very powerful.

Most of all, she saw herself. She saw herself in almost every thought, she saw every image of herself he'd kept tucked in her brain. She saw endless imagined scenarios between them and she saw endless memories. She'd always known he'd loved her, but now she saw exactly how much. And she liked it.

She loved it.

She loved him and she loved how he loved her.
Ah. Absolutely wonderful.

Looking forward to your epilogue, Sara. This was truly worth the wait.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."