Be still my beating heart! What a one-shot! Your story packed an emotional wallop!

In reply, her mind offered up an image of Clark in the newsroom, handing her a cup of perfectly warmed coffee, leaning over her shoulder as they wrote together. Now that was the life she’d wanted to build for herself, before the millionaires and superheroes had appeared. All of her favorite things in one mental snapshot: a job where she was in the top of her field and helping people, non-fattening legal addictive stimulants, and a partner she could rely on.

In this life there are many things we can hope for, but when we get three of those things at one time, location and moment consider yourself blessed. Before Clark came into her life she had ice cream to soothe her heart when the day .... or story didn't turn out. Not bad for an occasional Saturday night, yet definitely not satisfying for a lifetime. Don't sell yourself short by marrying a man who on the surface seems to be a winner, but in reality has the heart of a pretzel. Computer coding is not for men only.

She felt the wind catch her hair then, and casting one final look around, she leaned out over the railing into the breeze. It reminded her of flying. The exhilaration of it all pulled one last grin from her. Whatever was going to happen with her love life, right now she was in Paris, and she wanted to memorize this feeling while she was present in it.

Ohhh, there is nothing Like sheer romance and these few sentences speak volumes. I cannot for the life of me image Lex making her feel like that. It's not just the time or the place, but the man standing at her side who is filling the spaces of Lois' heart. Sigh.... love

Last edited by Morgana; 02/15/24 03:46 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.