The In-Between Moments is a series that rewrites, elongates or adds scenes. Most of them take place in between major plot moments. Some of them slip easily into the ongoing canon, while others roll right into an alternative universe. They’re all one-shots, usually plot bunnies that strike when I’m supposed to be working on something else. They're short, not connected, and in no particular order -- and they usually have happy little endings.

Happy Valentines' Day, FoLCs!

This is just a little fluff for the holiday. love

Notes on context: Everyone I ask about the origin of the love locks has a different answer. A Serbian town in World War I. An age-old tradition from China. A jilted lover in Cologne. An Italian film from 2006. Let’s assume that the story here is just the version that Clark heard. It’s not definitive, and the tradition can hold onto its mystery.
I cheated a very little bit in a few other places; the Eiffel Tower light show I allude to would have ended earlier in the night, and in 1994, it would still be a few years away from the gaudy, tourist-bait show we see today. The Rwandan atrocity would have continued just a few weeks past when this episode would have aired, but I smudged the timeline to end it early because I couldn't justify Clark not giving up his night (and day and month, etc.) to go and help, if it had been going on in real time here.

No beta on this one, so any errors are my own.

Constructive criticism is always welcome!

The story is located here: IBM: Pont Neuf.