This was so intense and put you right into the action - it was great!

It was a puff-piece – which Lois had grumbled about since they had received the assignment early that morning.
Love this detail - it made me grin.

...making angry claims and demands which no one would bother to remember after everything was said and done.
Ugh, that's so real.

As far as Clark could tell, the only path still available to him, without risking injury to those he passed, was straight up.
Oh, man, yikes! And I love this little reminder that he's essentially thinking on the z-axis, when most people only have x and y available.

Lois choked back a sob. “That’s right. You’re gonna be fine. I’m right here. I’ll stay with you.”
It's comedic that she goes all noble on him, but SO sweet that she's trying to buoy him up in what she thinks it a dire circumstance.

Sighing, Clark offered the younger man a sad smile. “Take the picture, Jimmy.”
Oh, that's heartbreaking.

Facing her one last time, he lifted his hand to rest on her cheek and tried to tell her through his gaze what he couldn’t say out loud.
whinging I think this means 'one last time' in this encounter, but it seems so permanent! I think this might be a one-shot (??) and if it is, now my headcanon is that this is the lasssst time he sees her!

This was so jam-packed with tension, and so emotion-filled!