JadedEvie's Authors Note:

For LauraHex and Andreia, who wanted to see what happened next. And for Verity, who did an amazing job coordinating this fic-a-thon for us.

I really wanted to get us all back to Smallville, too – for at least a taste of a proper Kent Christmas – and to see if that mistletoe was still hanging around.

But I also wanted to use this epilogue to further push the idea that environment shapes a person, something that the series compellingly explores in the Lane and Kent families. Christmas gives us an explosive microcosm for this. Depending on prior experience, it brings out the best and worst days for us, and often the best and worse behavior, too.

Lois and Clark are such stunning examples of that (and foils to one another). Based on her newer experiences with her partner, Lois makes a choice to live by the rules of her new environment (Clark’s close influence). And she’s able to change her fate. Even if she needed a little help out of that non-exploding warehouse (and we all need a little help sometimes), she’s really the only one who can make the choice to save herself here.

The hope that we could all change our fates for the better, during a time of year where everyone is open to that possibility, that really feels like Christmas to me.

There isn’t a second sequel to this. This story ends on Christmas. Feel free to head over to Toomi’s Coming Soon - 2024 post to see what’s coming next for me and a number of other amazing authors!

Epilogue

TOC