A very emotional, deep dive into Clark's feelings after the whole Heat-scandal during MOSB. It's really not just about whether or not he is actually responsible for this whole thing (although he does of course worry about is. Like he even has powers he cannot "not" use, so to say. He's so caught up in this spiral he can't see how unrealistic it is that would be the reason, especially since he has ued his powers for YEARS and neverhappened something like this - which is of course a detail Lex doesn't know.) It is, really, about how the poeple turned against him so quickly so wholly. The mini-Superman statue is a good proof of this. I also think the true reason he left Metropolis is not really the heatwave but to get away form all this hurt the neglection of the people caused to him.
It was interesting to see this from Lois "outsider" POV, who is confused and doesn't understands why this is so personal for Clark, trying to figure things out, but still be there for her partner in their shared pain.
I also like how, in the end, it's left a little ambigous what is the secret Lois thinks to have figured out this time. Sure, it is (most likely) the right guess this time - but it could also be another false conclusion. It's a nice way to let that open here so everyone can have their own preferred read.

Guesses...hrm...It's a very angsty, emotional bit, this one. Qualifies a few authors, some go out though because of style...I considered KSaraSAra but somehow it doesn't feel like her in some parts, so dark and lacking her usual fluyy bits...although the presence of Martha...argh. Hrm, I'..will go with JAdedEvie, whose style I've not that solid as of now, and stick with that for the moment.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.