The In-Between Moments is a series that rewrites, elongates or adds scenes. Most of them take place in between major plot moments. Some of them slip easily into the ongoing canon, while others roll right into an alternative universe. They’re all one-shots, usually plot bunnies that strike when I’m supposed to be working on something else. They're short, not connected, and in no particular order -- and they usually have happy little endings.

I wasn't going to post this, but Sara mentioned that it was the one-year anniversary of Ficlet Friday, so I thought I'd join in for the first time! Happy Anniversary to everyone that's kept this going for a full year! I'm happy to participate.

This is just some angsty little fluff that is no longer an ending to one of my other stories coming up. It was a challenge to see if I could actually write a full conversation/chapter without words. I also wanted to play with what happens when you take away Lois' ability to DO something. Usually her mind starts working overtime. But when she can't solve the big problem, her coping mechanism to investigate sends her looking to solve something else...

No beta on this one, so any errors are my own.

The story is located here: IBM: Darkest Before the Dawn

Thanks in advance for any feedback, always including constructive criticism.