Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Sorry for the delay in commenting. This was such a sweet story! Count me in with the others in hoping she recognizes Clark in a sequel. smile Also, so glad the generator has been useful! ^_^

Thank you!! I'll definitely be thinking about a sequel, since so many here think that might be a good idea!!

I think this is the second or third time I've used your title generator! It's fun. We should do a title generator challenge where we pick a title from the generator and then have everyone write short stories from the same title -- it would be interesting to see how different they all turn out smile

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I've read that the "Need to wait X hours before reporting a person missing" is a myth, since a lot can happen to a person in as little as an hour; even a full-grown adult can receive a "wellness check" if you're worried about them. But alas, I can easily see people dismissing a teenage girl, even when it's their literal job to help her. frown Glad Lucy was okay! ^_^

Yeah, I agree that is definitely the case now. I did try to find out what the protocol would have been back in the mid-to-late '80s... But I couldn't really find the information I wanted, and so I figured if nothing else, the detective himself was just dismissive and had his own biases.

Clark...might have given Lucy's ankle a sneaky little ice/heat treatment to boost healing wink

Thanks for reading!!! smile

-Bek