Morgana, thanks so much for reading! And YES - we see Lois and Clark do so much together, but there's never a huge separation, even when he's sent to Krypton. (Well, at least in the series. wink ) And when Lois is taken away (usually Tempus), we see Clark really start to break down. So I wondered what it would do to them if it was Clark's stubborness separating them, and if the separation was imposed for a longer time. It does not make them happy campers.

Michael, you made my week with this reply! What an incredible way to read this again through another person's lens! It made this story fun all over again for me. Thank you so much for the constructive, kind, and FUN feedback!

Wouldn’t it be awkward if she mistook the crook for her partner? And even more so if he told her that “thanks but no thanks. Got a girlfriend waiting back home”?
I feel like this was the disloyal, promiscuous Lex Luthor in a nutshell - just add GASLIGHTING.

Huh. Given her kind of non-depressed attitude. I’m starting to suspect she’s in on it. And Clark’s just overprotective now.
Hmmmm... that's an interesting idea...

She tried to cook, visited her bank (twice), ticked off a crime boss, and took a bus.
rotflol OMG, I'm dead after this comment. Also, in my head canon, that crime boss was the Prankster. wink

/Psst/ I believe this should be ‘effect’?
Oh, too right. Thank you for catching this!

No more chocolate.
jawdrop I mean... Clark's not a complete masochist.

This was a spectacular debut.
Aw, I'm blushing. Thank you! <3