Wow, so I wrote more than I realised I did!

I wrote three stories this year for the Fade to Black Collection of Nfic stories.

My first one was Fade to Black: Virtually Impatient (nfic only).

It was a pretty standard take on what might happen if Lois and Clark couldn't get the virtual encounter out of their minds and wanted to try for the real thing lol. Lots of fun to write!

Then I jumped on the "Pheromone My Lovely" bandwagon with Fade to Black: Not Just Pheromones, My Love (nfic only).

ksarasara challenged me to write a Fade to Black story for season 1 and this felt like the most obvious choice. My thinking was: what if Lois was left hurt by the fact that Clark was "scientifically" not attracted to her, while she was left dealing with residual feelings after the perfume incident? I thought it was a good set up for an Nfic encounter even in season one! I even snuck in a little "revelation" at the end!

And speaking of Fade to Black challenges, ksarasara and SuperBek challenged me to write a "Fade to Black" for the episode "Seasons Greedings" and I couldn't pass that challenge up so I wrote Fade to Black: Seasons Feelings (nfic only).

This is by far my favourite of the Fade to Black stories. I really enjoyed the mood and tone of this piece. While technically an Nfic, the sex is definitely not the heart of this story and I also managed to sneak in a revelation here. It's probably my favourite revelation so far. It's sweet, and moody and waffy!

And speaking of my partner in crime, ksarasara, we wrote two things together this year. One, was this weird and strange little tryptich of ficlets which we ended up titling At the Beginning With You.

They are...not quite poetry and not quite prose. It started with Queen of Capes' title generator. I wrote a piece called "Why I will Hurt You" from Lois' POV after Lex asked her to marry her and Clark confesses his feelings. I couldn't help but go for this odd little stream of consciousness in the first person (which I NEVER write in). ksarasara continued it with Clark's perspective and we finished with the final story tying it together. It's a bit experimental but I really enjoyed what ended up being the end result.

The other story we wrote together is also one of my favourites: Frankly My Dear, I Don't Like Pearl Jam.

I was watching "The Phoenix" one day and though 'wouldn't it be funny if we had seen them go to Pearl Jam and they hated it'? So I messaged ksarasara and basically voluntold her she was writing this story with me. She was skeptical at first, but eventually I convinced her to get on board and wrote this absolutely hilarious and very waffy story of what might have happened if Clark had indeed taken Lois to see Pearl Jam.

One of the Kerth challenges last year was a song lyric challenge. I was listening to Bon Jovi's "Open All Night" when I saw the challenge posted and I thought the song would make a really good story: Open All Night.

The song is from the perspective of a man who meets a woman in a bar and sees just how vulnerable. He recognises that the last thing she needs is another pick up line and he himself is terrified of falling in love with her but at the same time he knows it's too late. He's already gone. And I thought about "That Old Gang of Mine" and what might be the reason that Lois ends up in a bar late one night only to have Clark walk in to find her. I hadn't meant for it to be a TOGOM fic but it just sort of happened and when I wove the lyrics in with it, it just sort of fit. It's a bit angsty and a little melancholy with a revelation in it. So if you're in the mood to be a little bit sad, this is your fic lol

Then there's That Thing You Blue (nfic only).

I wrote "That Thing You Blue" as a gift to AnnieM, Kathy Brown and ksarasara who have told me many times that they find a man in baseball pants attracive and that Clark would look good in baseball pants. I personally do NOT get the attractiveness of baseball pants. AT ALL. But I thought it would be funny to write a smut fic where Lois sees him in his "other" blue uniform and jumps him. Just smut.

I only managed to get one fic written for ficlet Fridays so far. A Family Tradition.

I am not good with "short" so I struggle to come up with ideas. But one day we were getting ready to put our Christmas tree up and this one came to me (in large part, because of my own family's history with Christmas traditions). I got the idea to write this fic as a means of showing that generational curses can be broken. It's short, sweet with a tiny bit of angst. Under 1000 words so my only real 'ficlet'.

Kiss Me was my ficathon gift to CarrieRene

She asked for a story about a library, not in Metropolis and with a Kiss. So I came up with the idea of Clark taking Lois to Smallville to try to save the library -- a place that holds special significance to his parents. I hadn't really meant for the story to go in the direction it did (the karaoke was completely out of left field) but I do really like the way it turned out. Very waffy, very sweet...and another one of my favourite revelations.

And finally:
Federal Disaster (nFanfic)
Federal Disaster (gfic)

This is my monster opus -- the longest thing I have ever written in any fandom (I think). I got the idea after writing the Fade to Black for Virtually Destroyed. I wanted to explore the idea of Lois dealing with her fears of intimacy and I thought it would be interesting for Claude to return just as she and Clark were getting ready to become truly intimate. I meant for it to be a shorter story. I certainly didn't mean for it to have an A plot, but before I knew it, Lex was back, there was a threat to the President's life and Lois and Clark were working through serious trauma. There's angst, trauma, sexy times and waffs. It's been the hardest thing to write and one of the most rewarding.

Last edited by KSaraSara; 02/14/23 07:49 PM. Reason: Fixed links

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel