Yikes... I wrote a TON this past year. I’ve been so grateful to be writing again and enjoying it so much...so I’ve been really loving everything I’ve written, but there are some that stand out from the crowd for me for various reasons. So, here they are!

___

Ahhh, this one is hard to say why without spoilers. But it was a different experience for sure when the muse popped out and said, “Hey, we’re writing first-person, present tense.” It was definitely a bit angstier than I’d thought it would be, but it ends on an up note!

Because I Secretly Looked for Your Order (22 kB/3,999 words)
Summary: Lois holds grudges and Clark makes excuses, two indisputable facts. But when the two collide, will they find their way through to the other side? A story spawned from QueenoftheCapes' title generator.
___

I had an amazing time rewriting this scene from Lucky Leon and fixing it! I feel like I did a really good job of recreating the actual scene at the door that starts us off, and then letting Lois wrestle with her emotions, finding a balance between nervous tension and anticipation. Then, of course, letting them have their first kiss more like they should have.

Coffee With Clark (15 kB/2,682 words)
Summary: What if Lois had second thoughts about slamming the door in Clark’s face...right after she’d done it instead of the following night? Is there any way to un-slam a door? A Lucky Leon episode fix-it scene!
___

Gahhh! This one just...this one *really* hits me in the FEELs with one of the core aspects of L&C’s relationship. It’s a bit angsty—light angst—but oh...the payoff. This is one of my favorites I’ve ever written, for sure.

Drinks After Work (15 kB/2,528 words)
Summary: From the creator of Wherever You Will Go...In a world where Clark has stood her up for the last time...A mysterious phone call. An earth-shaking revelation. Beverages.
___

Um...holy episode extension/fix-it... THIS is how the episode should have ended—extended by...oh, however long that would be time-wise. lol Let’s just say that married flirting and foreplay is HOT, especially when superpowers get involved. I’m always a wee bit shocked (and embarrassed, shhh) that I’ve written so much smut this past year, but this is one of my favs!

Fade to Black: AKA The Surprise Party (nFanfic only) (35 kB/6,189 words)
Summary: This Fade to Black takes place at the end of AKA Superman and continues from there. Perry, Jimmy, and the rest of their friends and coworkers decided that the only way to throw Clark a surprise party is to surprise both Lois and Clark. But it's been nine days since they've made love, and they think they're alone...Find out what happens during the party, after they're interrupted. Will Clark survive the night and get his birthday present?
___

Writing with my twinnie! This is our second official work together, and I just love how well we manage to write together (can you even tell who wrote what?? Sometimes we can’t either! lol). I absolutely LOVE this story for explaining away the Pearl Jam first date nonsense, and then... we managed to maintain this flirty tension and waffiness throughout the WHOLE story. smile1

Frankly My Dear, I Don't Like Pearl Jam (107 kB/19,607 words)
Summary: When Clark asks Lois on a date, he wasn't expecting her to say yes quite so readily. So much so that he didn't actually have a plan. When he panic-buys two tickets to Pearl Jam, finds himself feeling very much a fish out of water. Still, anything is worth it if it means a date with Lois. After all, they appear to be her favourite band...A look at what might have happened if their first date hadn't been postponed in "The Phoenix.”
___

Okay, this one is definitely a favorite from this year—top 3, maybe? The ultimate PML episode rewrite...and...I just had SO much fun writing it. The sexiness, the waffiness, the FEEEEELS. It’s nfic only, sure, but it ended up being SO much more about the feelings and emotions, too. I’m really proud of how well-rounded this one came out.

Intoxicated (nFanfic only) (286 kB/50,611 words)
Summary: A double-dose of Miranda's pheromone perfume renders Clark just as intoxicated as the rest of the newsroom—intoxicated and deeply in love with Lois Lane. Without their usual inhibitions to hold them back, how far will Lois and Clark take their relationship? And will sobering up derail them...or just make their relationship stronger?
___

I didn’t mean to write this one, but GAHH, do I love the emotions in here—Clark’s self-recrimination, Lois’ staunch defense of Superman, and of course... well, the ending! A bit of humor and light angst with a happy ending. I really am fond of some of the turns of phrases that showed up and how this just flowed so easily as I wrote it, which I think shows in the way it reads. smile

Pheromone, My Love (39 kB/6,901 words)
Summary: Clark may not have been affected by Miranda's spray, but that doesn't stop him from letting his emotions get the best of him.
___

Technically an AU, I suppose, since this is juuuust before/during the beginning of the Pilot, and things will definitely be different. But ohhhhh the flirty tension in this one! SO much waffiness!

This Is Not A Date (60 kB/10,525 words)
Summary: Celebrating her latest story success, Lois meets a handsome stranger in a bar, a stranger who has come to Metropolis to interview for his dream job. It's not a date...but could it be fate?
___

Okay, this one is definitely one of my all-time favorite versions of L&C I’ve ever written! It’s pretty much just all waffs and flirty tension and GAHHH. Like the best first date ever and a fantastic revelation and kissing (and more than kissing).

Yours to Discover (for Queen of the Capes) (167 kB/29,331 words)
Yours to Discover (for Queen of the Capes) (nFanfic) (​​32,794 words)
Summary: Clark drags a reluctant Lois along to Canada for a journalism conference. Before they go, Clark works up the courage to ask Lois out on a first date while in Canada and she says yes! When Lois has a sudden change of heart about attending the conference, Clark assumes it’s because of their date. But what if Lois has a secret of her own?

___

Oh, this one...is probably the hardest and longest I’ve ever worked on a story; it was definitely fic as therapy for me, so it’s the one that means the most to me. It’s a long haul, but I like to think it’s worth the journey, especially if you like a full range of emotions and character growth. Over the last year and a half, I’ve really grown an affinity for writing Martha, and I think she’s amazing in this story.

So Far Away (472 kB/82,877 words)
So Far Away (nFanfic) (88,228 words)
Summary: Clark finally made it back from New Krypton, but how can he ever hope to adjust to life back on Earth after everything that happened up there? Can he be the same man Lois fell in love with, be a father to Kallie...be Superman? Or will his own demons defeat him when everything he used to know seems so far away?

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.