This is really cute.

Originally Posted by Mary
"So, how long have you two been an item?" asked Martha.

Clark grinned at Lois. "Oh, only about a day."

Lois met his grin and covered his hand with her own. "Of course, it feels like it's already been years."

It's also ineffably sad, at least to me.

They're stuck in a time loop as a couple, unable to move forward, unable to plan a life together, unable to build anything that will last. Maybe if they check those laboratories Clark keeps spotting they can break out. Maybe if they catch Mxyzptlk at the right time they can trick him into saying his name backward and break out. Maybe they'll be stuck here forever.

That's what makes me sad about it. Sure, they'll live forever, and they'll carry their memories into the next loop, but they'll never create anything of lasting value.

Here's an example from Stargate SG-1, when O'Neill and Teal'c were caught in a similar loop. At least they had some fun with it, in the same way that these two can prank Jimmy or Cat, but there's nothing permanent. As long as they're in the loop, they'll never wake up together, never break a big story after a long investigation, never build a home together, never have children - they'll never have a life.

I'm sure that my melancholy reaction was not what you were going for. Sorry if this brings anyone down. And I can't forget to write that this story is so very well done. You told us they've been in the loop for years without actually saying it. You showed us that they've adjusted to their situation mentally, at least to the point where they're not insane. I think I would be three fries short of a happy meal after a few dozen repeats of the same Monday.

Good story. Post more soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing