Ohhh like this one a lot! What a great way to start closing out the year. Poor Lois!

Now that I’m here, I no longer know what to do. Maybe I should just give him some space. He probably needs it. After all, l slammed the door in his face after an absolutely amazing first date. It's not fair that I expect him to forgive me in exchange for a lousy can of chicken soup.

Yeah, considering all the work Clark did to get you to go on a date with him, a can of chicken soup just doesn't get the job done. But at least you tried. goofy

It seemed like the world had decided to go crazy all at once. There had been an earthquake in India long before I even made it to the Planet. And hadn't it been for Superman, I'd probably have ended up in a hostage situation during a brief visit at a bank in Metropolis.

He'd been completely caked in mud, when he'd taken care of the bank robbers. On his way back to India, he cleared a pile-up on a bridge. And later, he dealt with a landslide in Brazil. Today, it seemed, Superman just couldn't take a break.

Oh my, poor Clark! No wonder he has been around.

Still, no one answers the door. And knocking a third time - banging at the door would be the more accurate description - doesn't change the result. I have to face the hard truth. Clark's not home. He’s not nursing a case of the flu, he’s taking care of his broken heart.

Reading this line had tears come into my eyes. Nursing a broken heart is a long and torturous process. Sadly a process Lois knows only too well. After all the federal disasters she has had to endure she understands where Clark's mind and heart are at. Lois is looking outside herself and seeing the pain of another person. That takes humility and maturity. From here onwards Mad Dog Lane takes a backseat.

I should have known better, because Clark is my best friend, the man I feel so incredibly comfortable around. And last night was simply magic. I thought I was head-over-heels in love with him before - but now it’s like someone pulled the rug out from under me. And I’m falling, falling for him so hard that it scares me witless.

Ain't love grand? shock

My hands are going through the motions of heating water and finding a herbal blend among Clark’s vast assortment of teas that suits my mood. I focus all my attention on the task at hand: finding his kettle, filling it with water, heating it on his stove.

So often, I've watched Clark do the same things. He would smile at me, while we'd try to sort through the evidence for our latest story. I'd feel his hand on the small of my back when he'd need to reach past me.

Love this description! I can see her looking for the tea, picking up one packet and discarding it for another. So beautiful. As a matter of fact, after reading this I'm going downstairs to get a cuppa.

“Will you be all right?” I whisper.

His lips twitch into a small smile that is gradually becoming broader.

He nods. "With you by my side, I will be.”

Sigh....melting away with happiness. Thanks for this lovely gem!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.