Sounds like a fun idea. Although I'm wondering about the whole logistics would work then. Like, would we go through one year at each round? And how would the qualifying criteria be? Like, would we use the years release list from the Archive? Sounds like the most logical option to go but then especially in the recent years there's a bunch of fic that hasn't made its way to the archive yet.

As for the voting, I'd expect we can and will not read all the fics of that year, as that would be a bit too much to do but I assume it will be possible to remember those fics we know from then and a chance to discover new ones through the years that sound interesting. Not a big of an issue though since with various participants, various interests and therefore fics will make it into top lists... Also, do the fics in the top 10 then need to be in a particular oder like from rank #10 to #1 or just the best ten? Shall the fics be just listed or commented why they made it into the list of the respective voter?

Annyway, sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.