Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Sara, I did read that, and I did remember it. It's just that it came across to me as Clark reassuring Lois that he loves only her and doesn't want any other woman. It's very close to an absolute denial of intimacy with Zara - just not quite totally and completely.

Lois asked if his purpose on New Krypton was to father an heir. He said it was not. It's right alongside "I never had sex with Zara" but it's not quite an absolute denial. But I accept your assertion that Clark was completely faithful to Lois for the entire duration of his sabbatical on New Krypton. Thanks for clarifying that for us. After all, this is your book, isn't it?

I only hope that his purpose for going - to save lives - ultimately succeeded. He hasn't talked about it yet, hasn't allowed himself to think about it yet. And he'll have to before too much longer.

That’s fair—I can see that!

I saw it as Lois asking more than a few things: “Tell me you didn’t sleep with her. Tell me you didn’t go to produce an heir. Tell me you…” So, that first “question” is there—did you sleep with her? And with his several “no’s”, that was meant to be full and complete reassurance of everything. He may be holding back and trying to deny his emotions right now, but this wasn’t a time or place that he wanted or needed to. Lois needed him, and he was able to be there in that moment; half-truths and side-stepping were never further from his mind. smile

As for whether he succeeded or not…yes, we’ve only gotten a hint of that so far… “that everything is fine and they’ve got a new governing structure.” Was he ultimately successful, though… that remains to be seen! C’mon, Clark! Open up!

Sara angel-devil

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.