OMG - Jenni... *Powerful* stuff! So much to love here. You can see reflections of a young Clark in his son, here, and it's so so powerful (sorry for overuse of the word, but it's the only word for me that works)!!! laugh

A shudder coursed through him and his throat contracted. There were just too many of the latter, and it hurt like hell to acknowledge that fact. He might be able to clean the traces of the disaster from his body, but the memory of these last horrific hours would remain imprinted on his soul for a long time to come.

"You do what you can, Matt, and that's enough!"

He could hear his mother's voice inside his head, but somehow, right at this moment, he didn't believe her mantra to be true, though he had to admit that many of those who hadn't survived were probably dead by the time he reached China... had indeed died minutes after being swamped by the landslide. He had done as much as was possible... yet knowing that didn't help assuage his guilty hurt.

With the arrogance of youth he'd believed he could make a difference...
Oh, how many times Clark dealt with those feelings (and Lois too at one point), and this poor young boy, having to accept that there's only so much he can do. It's heartbreaking and written just so, so well! And "the arrogrance of youth"... great! mecry blush That is amazing and brought tears to my eyes. Such a fantastic, perfect revelation for a young boy finding the father he didn't ever have enough time to really get to know. It shows what was important to this young boy, what he realizes he remembers most clearly and it's such a warm, safe feeling. Awesome, Jenni!

And... yay! The clincher ending!...

No, he had to tell his mother face to face that he'd betrayed the family's secret... that he'd found his father... and bring her back to China immediately.
PLEASE let us see the much-awaited reunion soon! I can't wait!

~NICOLE smile