Thank you for the kind feedback, Ray. I think I didn't make myself very clear. This could have been an epic, alright. But I don't think that I could have written it as an epic - or if I had, I doubt that you would still have considered it well written.

The story that I wrote was the story that I actually wanted to tell. Of course, there are many aspects of the story that could have been told in more detail. And there were scenes that I wanted to write. I had a (probably nfic) version of their first intimate encounter. I wanted to write the break-up between Lois and Superman. Initially, I had written the scene in the bookshop from Clark's point of view. When I thought of this premise, I wanted to tell the whole story from Clark's POV. But that just didn't work out. Clark was very difficult to tackle. He was so angry and self-righteous and stubbornly insisting that Lois had to love him rather than Superman. He couldn't forgive and he wouldn't believe Lois. It was much easier to tell the story from Lois' POV and add Clark's POV indirectly through the book he wrote and his journal.

I'd like to visit this universe in the future, if I find something worth telling. I already thought about exploring how Lois and Clark might explore the intimate aspects of a relationship. That would likely lead me toward the nfic folder - if anyone might be interested in this kind of story.
But for the time being, my muse is busy with one story I'm currently writing and another idea that keeps nagging my muse. If only I had the time to write... dizzy

It's never too dark to be cool. cool