There have been a lot of character and situational reversals but I don't think I've seen this one before. My ideas are below. Make changes as necessary but the challenge theme is "Greenhorn Lois Lane is paired with established reporter Clark Kent."
Clark has all but given up on his abilities, save what he uses in breaking stories. Clark has decided to make a difference as a reporter. He is comfortable as a reporter and produces a variety of stories from human interest to crime. Fear of discovery limits the use of his powers to what could be explained away--picking locks instead of breaking in, timely equipment breakdowns due to "normal" wear and so on. He's a favorite of Perry's because he's absolutely trustworthy to bring in the assigned story with solid writing and he produces more than the average reporter. Even though his investigative front page stories are infrequent, the ones he does bag shake the city.

Lois is aggressive and out to prove herself. She's itching to get into front page, major corruption stories and staying there. She lands her job at the Planet with a story about a major car theft ring that had been plaguing the city for five years. Her first week she makes the front page twice and nearly gets killed once.

On a hunch, Perry decides to team them up. What Perry sees as chemistry is more Clark's discomfort at Lois's rocking the boat and Lois's obstinate determination to never put on the yoke of mediocrity that she sees on Clark.

Shallowford