Y'all, as I view the Vatman episode, Clark didn't kill the clone - the clone was flawed and died a "natural" death. Clark may have hastened his end in the fight, but he didn't actually take his life. That's Luthor's responsibility.

What could Clark have done to save the clone? At that moment, he didn't know where the birthing facility was, nor did he have the knowledge to use the equipment or heal his clone. I don't think we can legitimately put that death on Clark's shoulders.

But I agree with Talia's point - every incarnation of big-media produced Superman has done something bad or wrong or downright stupid. Me, I often wonder about assertions that "Superman doesn't kill" when he was involved in Spencer Spencer's death, along with the surgeon and the nurse with him. And if you put the blame on Lois (she did, after all, wield the liquid nitrogen hose), we come to the question of whether or not Clark could love a woman who has killed people, even if it wasn't intentional.

And don't forget the woman who invented the "shrinking shampoo." She was doused with it and shrank into oblivion. Maybe someday she'll return, having been altered by long exposure to the quantum universe, and come after Lois with inventive vengeance.

Oh, stop it, muses!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing