Hello Morgana,
Thank you for the detailed FDK! It really made my day!

Originally Posted by "Morgana"
First off, this was a delightfully different take on the relationship Lois and Lex. We usually hear about their fantastic dates, but rarely do we actually see them take place. Lex is all about the showy display of his wealth and position, what better way to impress someone than fly them to Paris and watch an opera?

Indeed, I wanted this date to give insights into Lex’s psyche: it’s all about him really, not his date’s preferences. Lois is a trophy to be exhibited and to comply with his wishes.

Lex does like to show off, doesn’t he? wink

Lois has no interest in Madame Butterfly, but gamely did some background research into the show so she could better understand what is going on. Way to go Lois! But, the story actually bores her ...

Research is part of a reporter’s job, so Lois knows how to do it! She doesn’t know too much about Lex yet to be wary of his choice of opera…

Lex is so involved with his conversation, he doesn't even realize his date is gone! I had to chuckle at that!

Glad you noticed the irony… and what it really means about Lex’s caring about Lois! Clark would never have done that!

Bravo, Sandrine! Stand up to this heartless industrialist! Take that Lex!

Sandrine shares a lot of qualities with Lois… when the latter is her true self!

There is little doubt in my mind that he has a hand in ruining that paper mill. Not only is he heartless, but closed minded as well. the community which supports the paper mill will die very soon after it closes. Of course, he couldn't care less about that.

No, Lex doesn’t care about people, just about power and profit.

By the way, Sainte-Mary-de-Tarnosse isn’t a real place, but in the 1970’s and 1980’s there was a paper mill in the Landes that was closed down for approximately the same reasons. The protests Sandrine talked about did happen in real life. I was researching online for some kind business LexCorps could be involved in and used that.

This was also supposed to mirror Lex’s actions when the Daily Planet was destroyed: he didn’t care about the people either.

Lois, don't walk ... run from this man is considers you nothing more than a possession and not a person.

She will… at the altar, as we all know. I hope this fic added some material to explain why she did so.

Great story Millefeuilles! What a way to come back to the boards!

Thank you so much, Morgana! FDK like yours feels my heart with joy!