Hi Julie!
Kara Lane-Kent, at the ripe old age of 15, was positive she knew more about the world than her parents.
Sounds reasonable. She *is* a 15 year old, after all.

Evidence for this included figuring out her own father was Superman months before they decided to tell her,
/nods gravely/
LOIS: Hey, it took me only *two* years to figure it out myself, so you still have to listen to me, young miss.

and realizing that the reason her mother never did the cooking was not because her father was so great at making mouthwatering culinary treats but because her mother prepared dishes that would make better science projects than meals.
So, Kara takes after her father?

In true fashion, he was supportive but cautioned her to not choose anything too elaborate.
So, cereal (without fruit or other adornments) then?

she insisted on doing it all herself and told him that the only job she needed him to do was keep her mother busy until breakfast was ready.
Didn’t think that one through, did we, little miss super ears?

Lois said ‘Daddy’ in a childish voice that she was sure was the perfect imitation of the way their daughter said it when she wanted something.
KARA: Daddy, can I go to the concert, please? All my friends are going.

Lois looked down and was caught off-guard by the mundane fare in front of her. “Cereal?” she tried to say without sounding confused but failed.
I did *not* read ahead. I swear!

When she looked up, Kara was still eying the contents of the tray.

“And coffee,” Kara pointed out with a smile.
laugh

Lois winced. It was her fault. She was cursed, and she had apparently passed the curse on to her child.
laugh What if there’s a second curse, this one placed *just* on Lois’s soul and her decedents.

“Of course not, I was distract…ed.” Her voice faded as she said the last word. Her daughter must have realized how badly she’d just put her foot in her mouth. Her skin reddened once again, but she didn’t say anything more.
Clark? What did you do to the poor girls’ mother while said girl was busy trying to not muck up breakfast?

Kara rolled her eyes again. “It’s with the burner from the stove.”
laugh and let me guess, the burner’s now firmly attached to it, huh? Some might say, welded to it.

Apparently, the empty pot can get hot enough to melt the enamel.”
Do they have kid-insurance? Or don’t they insure Lanes out of principle?

Kara’s embarrassment faded a little. “Thanks, Mom,” she said bashfully. “And I promise I’ll buy you a new toaster.”
*snort*

That was a funsy-cute one clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.