I wanted to offer my thanks for those who thought highly enough of my work to support it with votes, comments, or even smiles. I also wanted to tell you where I am today and why it took this long for me to respond to this honor.

On Thursday, April 4th, I received a liver transplant. I was released to go home on Friday, April 12th. Recovery is a long and winding road for any recipient, and so far I'm doing well. We're still very early in the process, though, so I welcome any prayers, positive thoughts, and encouragements anyone cares to send along.

The crazy thing is that I still have tales to write. I have a single-post story I need to submit, and there are at least three long-form stories that are close to Beta status. I just have to regain enough strength to finish and review them.

There are lots of pluses, too. I no longer have liver cancer. I don't have to take a lot of the pre-transplant meds - now I'm taking anti-rejection drugs for the rest of my life in some combination. And my life is no longer a race to see if my old liver lasts until a new one is available.

Millefeuilles, I understand about health issues. Here's hoping yours get resolved in a positive manner soon. And thanks to everyone for providing this wonderful sandbox we can all play in. Hope to see you all on the boards soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing