I really liked the premise of the first story. I always enjoy stories showing Clark Kryptonian parents or one of them alive. There are obviously not much of them, though.

No there are not, mores the pity. It is always fascinating to imagine what these characters would be like in the Lois and Clark universe.

I liked how you used and characterized Jor-El in this story - and how you made him to be the better nemesis of Lex, because he is able to open the door Clark would never open.

The character of Jor-El evolved. Sadly, he had experienced much; destruction of his homeworld, his son is on another planet being raised by strangers and then he has to deal with a civil war. To top it all off, when his wife dies, the council wanted him to marry someone of their choosing. It would be impossible to remain the gentle, noble scientist presented to him by the globe.

I also believe that Lex hasn't realised that, in some way, Clark/Superman has rescued him again without him knowing - because I believe the only reason Jor-El hasn't killed Lex is that he knows Clark wouldn't be okay with it and he wants to build a positive relationship with his son - So Clark save Lex again, ironically.

Exactly! As Jor-El had mentioned in the ending, the guards were there to keep him from killing Lex. Lex desperately wanted to know his son and did not want anything to interfere with that reunion, remember, he was ashamed of his warrior ways.

The backstory of Bernie and Abrihet is okay, but not too much in the foreground.

Nope, they were not meant to be in the beginning. It was only later when I started writing Autumn in Paris did I realize an expansion to their love story was inevitable.

Autumn in Paris: A short vignette preparing to the next part.

Yes, there is a great deal about the City of Lights in that fic, it gave me a chance to revisit it after writing Café Americana.

And you inserted Major Zod from Smallville. Interesting idea.

Sorry, wrong canon. This general was modeled after the one from the Superman II movie, only he is a younger man.

Wedding in Paris: I enjoyed the big Finale, as well as the Lex/Aykira relationship. You portrayed Lex here in a way I've never seen him before or after, a very interesting perspective.

Luthor is always called ‘the bad guy we love to hate’, he has been presented in many forms; most of which are villainous. Because I have a serious crush on John Shea, the actor, my Lex Luthor may be a bad guy, but one who can be turned towards the light. The sword fight scene was written by Ken Janney, who has written a number of excellent stories for this fandom. It is that scene which shows how much living with the gentlefolk of New Krypton have changed him for the better.

Like it’s interesting to see Clark from some "Evil Clark" stories becoming a good guy, it's fascinating to see Lex change - Aykira is also a fascinating character.

Hmmm, I have never been comfortable with “Evil Clark” stories. Aykira was created to bring out the best in Lex. I could not do that with Lois, and Mrs. Cox’s personality was too brittle for her to accomplish that task. So it fell to someone completely outside of canon to work a miracle with Lex. Glad you liked her!

I also liked the New Kryptonians you have created and I enjoyed them because they are so different then those from the show, which I never really get warmed with.

Yeah, we too often see those surrounding the First Lord, but not the regular people on New Krypton. Eyner and her family started Lex’s transformation, who knows where it might end?

The wedding itself in Paris wasn't that interesting for me but it was okay and well-written.

Well, I’m glad you appreciated that part of the story. It was a blast to research! Boy, was it an eye-opening experience to see just dissimilar wedding customs in other cultures!

I also enjoyed the idea of Kandor as a place for human-kryptonian interaction. I'm sure that has potential, as well as Lex's life on New Krypton, his dealing with Aykira and the possible consequences, eventually things like a meeting of Earth and New Krypton... There are so many possibilities to write more stories there. You should do!

I thought this would work as well. If Jor-El and company made too many visits to Smallville or Metropolis it might raise questions. Thank you so much for reading this fic. Who knows, I have been writing an outline for another story, but right now there are a few others which must come first!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.