Hi Terry!

Bruce tried to date Lois but was shot down. He's actually *not* still pursuing her. He's more worried that Clark will try to use Lois/hurt her, which fuels his uber-jerk conversation at the end of the chapter.

He likely does have some piece of hidden K around as insurance, but neither Lois or Clark are sure about it. It would make sense, having a super killer around and all. But he's definitely *not* motivated to use it, if he has it. He wants Clark to agree to testify against Lex, and he can throw that out the window if he uses K against Clark.

They have all very much forgotten about Clark's hearing. They're still used to having him helpless and powerless. Bruce's words are definitely *not* meant to be overheard.

Lex...well...they may or may not need to hide from him for long. I can't really elaborate. But either Lex will find them *or* they will go after Lex soon.

While this Lois has been hurt by others in the past, I'm operating under the sort of HG Wells assurance that wherever there's a Clark, there's a soulmate for him in Lois. Remember, she's gotten to know him quite well over the last half a year, especially in the last month or so when she started visiting his underground "apartment" prison cell. Still a whirlwind romance, but that may make all the difference in the end, propelling Clark to be his best self and all.

Clark's legality as a living person will be addressed, don't worry. smile

Glad you are enjoying the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon