Trust had to start somewhere, and I'm glad it was Bruce who made the first move. He and Lois are really the two adults in the room, since I'm convinced this Clark has at least up until now been stunted in his emotional and social development. In this chapter he's had a roller coaster of emotions, in addition to adjusting to the changes in his environment.

I'm enjoying how you're taking him one step at a time into making decisions, and having Lois and Bruce guide him. Actually fairly gently at this point, considering how he hurt them in the past.

And he has a lot to think about. Lois hinted and Bruce was a bit more specific that Clark's cooperation could lead to something other than his execution. Hope and thinking of a life outside his prisons - both now and in Lex Tower - is a new concept for him. I'm glad they're giving him some time to consider their advice.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks for the early posting!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly