I love the telepathy thing in this show and it's sad that it was never used again after BGDF.
I can remember some fics where Clark can telepathically communicate with his descendants (Dagger series, Home series, Parent trap, Tales from the Krypt, Matchmaker Chronicles).
In the Dagger universe it's established that Kryptonians are ables to communicate with their human soulmates if they try hard to learn it (in this Case, Lois and Clark and also Marta and Wyatt).
Then, there is the great funny "Memories" by Bob Bartholomew, which shows the danger of telepathy on a special way.
I can also remember a NK-Story where Clark learns to talk to Lois while he is in prison, must research the name later.
Oh, and of course Dawn Fields Krypton-Series, where Kal/Clark gets to know Lois as an adult and shares a telepathic connection with her. Very well done and readable.
Your challenge brought me to a story idea for an episode rewrite to a certain S2-episode, but i won't say more now because perhapt I will right it...

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.