Hi Dandello!

It’s so cool that you picked up the challenge! I’m really sorry FDK took so long dizzy

"Perry, somebody is pulling your leg," Clark said. "There's no way the Feds are digging up anything around Smallville, Kansas."
TRASK: What do you ‘Higher Authority says no’?

'Entering Smallville military reservation. Est. 1948. Visitors must report to the Sheriff's office.' There was a DoD logo on the sign.
Works great with the premise, still jarring to consider that the close knit community is basically just one generation of grownups plus their recently-adult kids.

"Um, want to explain that?" Lois asked, pointing to the sign.

"How do you think I knew that Perry's source was wrong?"
laugh

"The geology classes used to have field trips out around here to find pieces. I expect they still do. First I've heard about any of it being radioactive."
TEACHER: So, class, now what’s the first thing we do?
CHOROUS OF SEVEN-YEAR-OLDs: Put on our hazmat suits!

Rachel looked Lois up and down. "So, when did you two...?"
CLARK: We’re on our honeymoon.

"No, I was just thinking I better check the paper if you're expecting something," Martha said, "unless you want to use the fax emulator in my office. It's faster."
laugh

"Clark, are you okay?" Lois had taken notice of the fact that Clark's hands were trembling and he actually looked pale.

"This is the first time that I can remember actually being sick," Clark admitted. "Weirded Mom out pretty badly."
/scratches head/ Did he already get exposed?

How's the writing coming? I love to read a good romance novel."

Lois glared at Clark.

"I must have accidentally mentioned it to my mother. She may have…"
rotflol

Maisie hurried over to their table with a small spray bottle. "Here, let me see that," she ordered, taking his hand and inspecting his finger. She wiped off the blood with a towelette and sprayed the wound. "Does your Mom know about this?"

"I started feeling under the weather last night," Clark told her. "She ran some tests, thinks I should be fine in a day or so."

"Make sure to tell her about this," Maisie ordered. "She may want to run more tests."
So, the town knows, huh?

"So which are you, alien or super-soldier?" Lois asked as they walked through the carnival area.
Oh boy. She *really* doesn’t put two and two together, does she?

"Well, it makes absolutely no sense to design a super-soldier with free will and that grows at the same rate as a normal human and requires the same outlay of resources to bring to maturity with no guarantee of good results. It's a lot cheaper to just recruit, maybe enhance, regular humans," Clark said.
Clark!

"So, if you're not a super-soldier, then you must be an alien," Lois reasoned as they headed back to the barbeque area where Jonathan and Martha were. She stopped as though something finally clicked. "Superman…"
Oh boy.

"I want Superman!" a man started yelling.

Trask. He had a semi-automatic machine gun and was firing it, seemingly at random.
Someone’s got a death wish!

"We finally have a story, but I'm betting it's classified like everything else around here," Lois said forlornly.

"I'm sure we can come up with something for you," Martha promised.
Cute take! Looking forward to the two sequels clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.