Hi Sara!
Which that is 11,000 words in for having covered about half an episode with the plan to include at least 3 more so... (should be be working on getting a beta with that one too...)
I’m guessing it’s Beyond the External?

The kittens were the cutest things. Their newly opened eyes took in everything around them with curiosity. They waddled and crawled around the barn loft, despite their mother constantly herding and carrying them back to her nest.
Oh boy. Originally, I thought it was something about him not yet being invulnerable, but now I’m guessing one of the kittens will get nicked on Clark’s fingernails.

One bold kitten with stripes on their body, white feet, tummy, neck and nose squirmed over to him. Clark smiled as he scooped the warm little body up and cuddled it close to his body.
Yep.

But Mama and Papa had be yelling last night. Papa wanted to 'home school' him because people might take him away from the farm. Mama thought he should go to school... He'd never heard them *yell* before.
Yeah, a not socialized Superman might not be a good thing.

Petey said something Clark didn't catch and then Clark cried out in pain. The barn cat had decided it was time for him to return her kitten and raked her claws down his arm. Clark couldn't stop himself from crying as the long red lines leaked blood and pain radiated up his arm.
jawdrop

Later, at home, Mama fussed over him. She held him and rocked him, running her hand through his hair. After he'd finally calmed down, it was *just* a scratch, he shouldn't have been such a baby about it.
See? He’s ready for school. Nothing extra ordinary about him.

Mama carefully took off the handkerchief to inspect his scratches and froze. Worried, Clark turned his arm around to look at them himself. There was blood all over the white handkerchief, but on his arm were only the faintest pink lines.
Oops?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.