Hi Mouse!

Like the mighty Alexander the Great, my hero, my namesake, I am a conqueror.
Yeah, and in the end he ventured too far out into the world and met with a force he couldn’t defeat.

Like Napoleon Bonaparte, at the cusp of world domination, leading the charge on horseback, sword drawn one moment and blood drawn the next.
And just like him, he got defeated when he bit oof more than he could chew and then returned, only get defeated even more soundly. (The buzzing when he gripped the high-voltage lines was louder than the splat he made the first time.)

Like Attila the Hun, I stride across borders, taking and claiming everything that’s before me.
Yep, Attila, too, passed beyond the veil on his wedding day.

Like Julius Caesar, I am a dictator.
Et tu, Brute?

But perhaps I’m not Caesar. Perhaps I'm more like Marcus Antonius.
The love of a woman brought him to his knees.

I’ll earn her, just like I earned my place in society, and then I’ll possess her, body and soul. I shudder in delight at the prospect. I’m so close.
Yes, and in the end Cleopatra sold him out, trying to save her own skin.

Truthfully, though, I’m none of these in comparison to how much I am Hades.[…] Irredeemable, but for one saving grace: my love, my heart, my Persephone.
And once she partook from the fruits of the underworld, she, too, was destined to a life in the dark. Just like he tried to have Lois pull the trigger on Superclark.

. What wouldn’t I give, now, as my blood stills in my veins and my breath stills in my chest, for one more day? Wouldn’t I cast every dollar I’ve made, every last worthless penny, at the foot of any saint standing in a fountain that might save my life?
Yeah…nah…

I’m in my office, on the ground, in my tuxedo, dying.
Oops? Maybe Mrs. Cox poisoned him?

You can’t take any of it with you, but I’ll die atop my pile of money, at the top of my tower, at the height of my fame and popularity, and still be laughing all the way to the grave.

Top of the world.
Yeah, he probably didn’t plan for the time after he was gone, did he?

I guess given his heart condition, it was a good thing he never actually got married to Lois, huh?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.