Hi Tracey!

I loved this part. I've mentioned before how much I love Lois's introspection in this story, but her reliving her date with Clark and especially the kisses that they shared, was marvelous. Not only reliving it, but associating everything she did with Clark's affections and then catching herself fantasizing about Clark in a way she hadn't allowed herself to before. I hope this helps her realize that Clark is the man for her.

Yay for Clark's realization that he needed to keep Superman away from Lois so as to not muddy the waters any more than he had in the past. Smart man, Clark.

Oh, and the date with Lex was so interesting. I don't think I've seen anyone explore a date with Lex so clinically before. She really was a scientist the whole evening, almost calmly deciding to do something - like kiss Lex or ask him to share a personal story - and then finding him lacking in his response.
He smiled smugly. “I would’ve thought you found out all you needed to know about me a moment ago.”

Ugh. The haughty smile that she might have found charming a week ago now made her want to shake him. She wanted to say, ‘Found out what? That I want to kiss Clark way more than I want to kiss you?’ but she refrained.
LOL! I loved her response. She's too smart to say her thoughts out loud, but it would have been so brash (and satisfying for me) to tell him to his face.

I always fear that Lois will be in danger when she turns Lex's proposal down. I hope Clark is keeping an eye out for her.