A truly great chapter. I’m enjoying this story a lot…

Material things are a great way to realize what would be involved in a marriage to Lex. Glad to see that Lois is coming to her senses, realizing that she merely would be a trophy wife for Lex’s autocratic manners.
You weaved psychology and description nicely and ended up with Lois’s detailed flow of consciousness, which is both enlightening and enjoyable. Lex’s kiss was disturbing, and it sealed the coffin on their “relationship”.

I also loved the way Lex mistook Lois when she said “we need to talk" Lex uses words to cover his meaning, Lois uses language to delve into meaning. They are on different planes of relationship, as language is a tool for Lex, but a tool used to put his real meaning in shadows. The exact contrary of Lois’s investigations skills. You did a stellar job showing that to your reader.

I also liked Clark’s realization that he was confusing Lois with Superman. I always wondered why Clark, an intelligent man, didn’t think of it sooner…
No matter what happened from here on, he couldn’t keep distracting Lois by flying by her apartment late at night and dropping in for a little chat, no matter how badly he wanted to see her. If he wanted Clark Kent to have any real chance, he needed to start treating Lois more like a friend when he was in the cape, instead of encouraging her crush on Superman.