Good story. The pain of infertility is one that's hard to put into words sometimes. The emptiness you feel inside. They questions of "why me?" and "what did I do wrong to deserve this?" The uncertainty of the future. The rage felt against the universe and life and God and whatever else you believe in. Watching hope die. Being too afraid to hope for the future (another cycle, another round of IF treatment, another month spent on an adoption waiting list).

You've done a commendable job of capturing a small snapshot of that, during one particular moment in Martha and Jonathan's life. And that's IF in a nutshell - a series of really crummy moments (for lack of the ability to use a LOT stronger language) that just keep beating a couple down.

But yay for Martha, she got not only a miracle child, but a super savior of mankind!

Great story. I'll be kissing my two little nuggets extra before I head to bed tonight. For me, the torment of IF is never far from my thoughts. Thanks for remembering those who hurt, rather than celebrate, on Mother's Day.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon