Yay, new part.
She went back into them more than willingly. Her soft sigh flooded against his shoulder, her tears held just barely in check behind her eyelids. He’d known what she was too proud to ask for, fulfilled a need that she was too terrified to voice.
Sigh. love

Should she have noticed? Was that love? And even if it was, would it last?
That would be yes, definitely, and yes. I love being inside Lois's head when she's being thoughtful or intuitive.

“In my mind, it wouldn’t matter what we did, because we’d be together. I had this vision of walking you home – all the way to your door, even though you’d probably tell me you didn’t need me to – and just before you stepped inside your apartment, I’d reach for you, like this.” He transferred the towel to his other hand and stretched out his right hand, just grazing her cheek. She stilled at his touch, every muscle suddenly frozen at the contact of his skin. “I’d look into your eyes, trying to convey everything I was feeling that I couldn’t put into words. And then, I’d lean down because I couldn’t wait one more second to feel your lips against mine. Our first real kiss,” he whispered, and his eyes flicked down to her mouth.
thud m'kay. That was nice. Really nice. Dare I say, hot? I think I'm feeling the heat of Clark's kitchen way over here. blush

Argh! No! Don't stop there. /me pouts. I hate waiting.

Great chapter.