Originally Posted by Framework4
If anyone does write a sequel I think it will be an Nfic due to violence. I agree with Jimmy, "Have you met Lois?"

That fish is what got her through the dark days following (the Claude debacle, the Lex debacle, pick a tragedy). She cannot live without Rodrigo the fish, and she will cut you for even suggesting otherwise. Now Rodrigo has been murdered, and she will have her revenge.

... Or something. I'm not really good at the dark stuff. goofy

Originally Posted by Mouserocks
I know Clark probably would tell Lois the truth... But I'd also love a version of this where Clark has been surreptitiously replacing her dead fish for years.

Hmm... I'm picturing years later, their kids are teenagers, and Lois finally catches Clark replacing her fish. It was an open secret amongst the kids, and they can't fathom how Mom never noticed how unusually long-lived her fish appeared to be. Now she's livid about the deception.

The kicker? She got sick of the fish years ago and has just been waiting for it to die so she can finally get rid of the tank.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)