Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Do we get a sequel? Clark replacing Rodrigo and Jimmy waiting for the axe to fall when Lois notices her fish has been swapped?

Umm... Probably not, sadly. I don't really have any idea how to write the aftermath of Lois returning. If anyone wants to step in and write that, they are welcome to.

I do think, though, that Clark would not try to surreptitiously replace the fish. I imagine that he would go over with Jimmy, who would clam up and be afraid of saying anything, and then Clark would break the news to her gently. I'm not sure how she would react. I can see her getting mad, but I can also see her completely nonchalant about the whole thing, like, "You guys are overreacting. These things happen. It's just a fish. I can get a new one tomorrow."

I kind of have trouble writing Lois because I'm not quite sure how to characterize her. I see her portrayed in a lot of stories as rather irrational, which I'm not totally a fan of, or kind of weepy. Emotional characters are hard to get right. It's a tricky balance to make Lois emotional without being weak, overly compulsive, or irrational. At the same time, she should be strong and frank without being a total jerk.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)