Aaaand here we go again…
“Your date canceled on you?”

Lois glanced pointedly at the phone Clark had just set back on its cradle.
I know that’s late in the game, but I just realized that Clark also has kids. I wonder if that will be enough for Lois to connect the dots.

He lifted his head from his hands, looking for all the world like a man on the brink of despair.

“Worse,” her partner mumbled. “My babysitter.”
shock Oops!

She reached over to give him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. “Parents not in town?”
jawdrop She knows! Or is that the first she hears of it but doesn’t care enough about his private life to wonder about his single-dadded-ness.

“Want to try asking Cat, again?” she asked, grinning.
/flashes to the babysitter scene from The Incredibles/

It had been two months since the Planet's newest reporter had tried to offer Cat money for a huge personal favor. Someone in the newsroom had overheard,
rotflol

apparently resulting in Clark having to have a very awkward conversation with the HR department.
Clark probably was confused the entire time why that was a *very* inappropriate thing to offer to an adult instead of…say…a 16-y/o.

On the plus side, the Planet's upcoming daycare facility had gotten bumped up from “pipe dream” to “possibly within this lifetime”.
Good in case Lois ever happens to find herself in that sort of way after a too long date with Superman?

Lois shook her head, suddenly remembering yesterday's conversation with Superman and the stunning revelation about his own little “technically-adopted” family.
jawdrop Just yesterday? Oh my!

“I could bring pizza,” Lois offered. She frowned. “Um, do your kids eat pizza?”

“I don't know,” Clark answered, nervously.
Up until now, they’ve dieted on sunlight and apples.

Lois snorted. “As if we're making much progress anyway,” she groused. “At least we can try, right? I mean, it'll be better than nothing.”
[Linked Image] I totally forgot from the last part. They might kind of grow attached.

“Shh!” He pressed a finger to his lips, then took the pizza box from her hands. “The kids are asleep.”
Foul! Foul!

“Well, you know,” he said softly. “Early to bed, early to rise—”
Should be awkward. Kids tend to wake up sometimes and wander around in search of water.

The light clicked on. Lois blinked, nearly blinded by the sudden illumination. A little girl in a pink nightgown stood at the mouth of a short hallway, staring at Lois with wide eyes.
hyper [Linked Image]

“MOMMY!” She launched herself at Lois like a tiny, dark-haired missile.
rotflol

Lois stared at the girl now wrapped around her legs. She stared at Clark, whose face was now buried in his hands. “Clark!” she demanded. “Explain this. Now.”
clap Umm…Lana was also coloring her hair brunette and had it cut in a page cut style?

“Okay. I...okay.” He met her eyes again, looking resigned. “Some time ago, a man came to me; he was from a world very much like our Earth...”
Yeah, she’s soooo not going to make that connection.

[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.