Hi Mary!

Looky there, another one!

“You have kids?!”
rotflol Remember that remark about the SQD fics in the other FDK thread?

Lois stared at her hero, dumb-struck. Superman turned to face her, the cell-phone still in his hand. They were the only two people in the alley.
Oh boy. What?

“Are you married?” she asked immediately, her voice refusing to rise above a squeak. The very thought made her heart feel heavier than a brick.

He shook his head. “No, I'm not.”
So, is that better or worse?

Well, that was something, at least. Still... “But you do have...children... ”
So, better. Kind of.

“Who is their mother?”
There was no mother. He just…he used a…petri dish.

The question made him wince. Was this a sore spot? Had Superman been through a bitter divorce?
Yeah, Diana cheated on him with Bruce. Suffice to say, the number of diamond thefts in Gotham spiked after that one.

Or maybe she had cheated on him with Batman?
laugh

Or maybe she had simply died, Lois thought.
Yeah, he might not have been fast enough. Maybe he is even from another universe and fled here with his kids after their mom got killed by one of the resident rouges.

“Don't worry,” she assured him, “this is all off the record. I just want—I mean, you can tell me anything. I'll understand.”

“I'm not so sure you will,” he replied with a shake of his head. “The truth is, Lois, I barely understand it myself.”
spider Makes me really think Alt-U.

“Technically, they're adopted,” he said. “And technically, they're mine.”
confused

He shook his head. “No. It was another Earth. He said there were other versions of you and me—”
shock I was almost right?

“The other version of me was their father. I'm not completely sure what happened, but he and his wife...died.”
Yes, ‘died’. As in brutally slaughtered by some of that world’s worst criminals. Either that or he had married Lana and she set them up as Emperor and Consort of the entire Earth until a coup and a revolution toppled their regime and they ended up on the business end of a Kryptonite-based weapon.

Superman grinned. “Maybe someday,” he replied. “I have a feeling they'd like that very much.”
spider

Oh, goooody! There’s more!

smile1 Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.