Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Dagnabit! You got me. Gotham? Didn't see that one coming by a longshot. wallbash

Great chapter, again, as always. The whole passage about Clark on his own really cut me deep. Very powerful descriptions, even just about him being excited to find the abandoned cabin mecry His realization too that he's no longer a danger to people was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. Poor Clark not even realizing he thought he was a danger to humanity.

Now, on to the juicy bit... Who is this inquisitive stranger? I suppose it could be Bruce, I don't know the age differences between them. Maybe it's Thomas Wayne, if Bruce is younger. Or *shudders* it couldn't possibly be Lex, could it? That would be... diabolical. Or fabulous. angel-devil

Either way I'm excited for more.

P.S. the detail about the craft store really sank the realism in for me as well... since I work for Michaels... and I've done that. goofy

rotflol clap Glad I could pull a surprise twist! You know my muse, she likes to do what she can to surprise people. Hopefully, the rest of what's to come can do the same. wink

Glad you liked the descriptions. For some reason, I felt this powerful urge to have Clark living alone in a rotting, desolate cabin in the middle of the snowy woods when I decided to write this story. No idea why, but my muse wouldn't let go of the image. So I'm glad to see that it worked well for you.

And I love that the craft store struck a chord with you. Again, no real reason for the idea, just a trip to my local Michaels around the time I was giving Clark odd jobs! (PS, this is making me want to go again and I was just there last week!)

The stranger will be revealed soon! I kind of love the awful idea of Luthor, BTW! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon