Aha! Finally got a chance to drop a line or three ...

“I certainly hope so.” He waited for a moment, then said, “I think we’ll get there by about eight tonight, assuming you don’t have a lead foot in this car and rocket us down the road. We don’t need a ticket for going over warp seven.”

“Warp seven? How very Trekkie of you.”

“The proper term is Trekker, and my instructions stand. Once we get out of Oklahoma City, the speed limit goes up to seventy. I don’t know how much attention those licenses will stand, so the helm officer needs to stay below warp seven point two.”

She stuck her tongue out at him. “Killjoy.”

Wheee! Love the Star Trek reference. Yes, those of us where into the show before the rest of the world discovered it prefer Trekker. The term Trekkie always get on my nerves. Those of us who watched the show when it first appeared in 1966 are in our fifties, sixties and seventies, Trekkie sounds like a bunch of kids running around wearing pointy ears and yelling, "Phasers on stun!" Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone.

The car's name is Farrah? Why?

Great story. Poor Lois and Clark are falling in love and there is no way out, especially the Nigel and Asabi on their trail.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.