Trying to keep this short as I'm in a considerable amount of pain.

Hangouts doesn't require any software except a web browser if you're accessing it from your computer. Pretty sure that was the point Folc was making.

We've had numerous reports of a virus embedded in the most recent version of mIRC. This INCLUDES downloads directly from the mIRC website. (I tested it; downloaded directly from the mIRC website and Avast picked it up straight away).

Our decision to move the ceremony was not made lightly. Last year, I created a detailed walkthrough (including screenshots) on how to access the ceremony using mIRC. Despite this, and numerous PM threads, many people were still not able to attend the ceremony.
Hangouts is simpler to access and easier to use.

HOWEVER if anyone has an issue for any reason with using their email address to access Hangouts PLEASE PM me and I will set up an anonymous gmail address for you to use for the ceremony.

Hope this helps.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg