Good part, Wendy! No smoochies? mecry

Hah! Foiled!! Oh well... I’ll just have to make sure there are no smoochies in the next part. Can’t have everyone guessing my tactics, can I?

And anyway, I wouldn’t want to bore readers
Aargh! Sorry, folks. My mistake for pointing this out, so Wendy got her revenge on us by not including any great smoochies in this segment. But I'll foil her attempts to deny us our WAFFs. I'll comment anyway even without any smoochies. So there! wink

What woman would want to build a relationship with someone like him?
Boy did he suffer some psychological damage from Lana. Hopefully, talking all of it out with Lois will help him get over it.

prosecutors were confident that bail would be denied. Which was fortunate, in Clark’s view; he was very sure that Luthor would seek revenge on Lois. Not that being confined in prison was likely to hamper someone of Lex Luthor’s resources, of course, and he was determined to keep a very close guard on Lois for the time being.
Foreshadowing, Wendy? Well, we all knew Lex would be back. After all, death doesn't even stop this guy.

Lane and Kent.

It sounded good. No, it sounded *great*
“One more thing. You two obviously make a great team. Either of you have any objections to being partnered permanently?”

The question was addressed to both of them, but Clark noticed that Perry’s attention was primarily directed at Lois. He wondered if the editor was expecting resistance from her. She smiled, however, shaking her head. “I think that’s an excellent idea, Chief.”

“Are you feeling all right, Lois?” Perry asked, concerned.

“Never felt better, Chief,” Lois said airily. “Why?”
The start of a beautiful partnership in more ways than one.

Normally, Lois would have been itching to stay, to see what else was going on and what the other big stories for the morning edition were. She’d have wanted to watch the TV screens to see how the story of Luthor’s arrest, broken in full by the Planet and followed by every other media outlet in the city, was being covered, and she’d have revelled in once again being the Planet’s star reporter.

But not tonight.

Now, all she wanted to do was to get Clark Kent alone and have that long talk with him she’d been promising herself
It's good Lois has her priorities in order. The old Mad Dog would never have done this. But fortunately for both of them, she was able to recognize her feelings for Clark before the whole "work colleague" and "God in a cape" started FUD'ing (is that a word? Probably not) her thoughts.

Maybe she should just kiss him senseless instead, she decided as they emerged into the parking garage.
So where is it?!?!? laugh

Yes; she knew why he’d be dashing off occasionally, and that also meant that she could cover for him. She’d probably better start thinking up some good excuses!
Even with so little experience with the superhero, she's already worked out the ramifications and is already accepting.

Last night, you said you wouldn’t assume anything where she was concerned! So why are you assuming she’s going to reject you? Or, worse still, thinking about making that decision for her?
At least Clark recognizes he's a lunkhead.

As for Lois' story with Claude, she accomplished two things by telling Clark about it. It told Clark why she'd acted like such a b*tch when they first met. Also, it helped lead Clark into confessing his own insecurities.

“Who was she, Clark? What did she do to you?”
Lois is amazingly perceptive into what makes Clark tick. Very strange considering the Lois we know from the TV show.

Can't wait for the next part!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin