On a level playing field, I think Luthor could probably take Tempus, Morgana, but since Tempus knows everything about him from the future (and other worlds) and since he came in with all the evidence needed to get Luthor tied up in courts, Luthor's not even anywhere near the actual fight. Tempus does give him his due, though, at least as much as Tempus ever does! smile

Thanks, Annie! I've read (and enjoyed) so many stories where Lois discovers CLark's Secret and then tries to piece together who he is, if he's two people, which was the liar, etc and I really loved and wanted to explore the idea of Clark having to be the one probing that dichotomy. Lois has always been so easy to read to him, since he saw behind her masks in the Pilot episode (though the closer he gets to her, the harder she is to read, I think), so it throws him that she's been living such a double-life. People sometimes gloss over Doomsday, as if just because he's not smart, he's not dangerous, but I've always thought Clark immeasurably brave to throw himself at something that only wants destruction and death.

Love your summation, Virginia! That's actually exactly what I was going for -- to have Clark face Lois first as the woman he's not sure he even wants in his life anymore, and then as the person he has to risk his life to save. As much as Clark is human in his hurts and broken heart, he is a hero in that he won't allow that to stop him from doing the right thing.

I loved writing Tempus, groobie, so I'm glad he sounded in-character. But yes, I did intentionally try to make him crueler, more brutal, less concerned about the game and more interesting in the end result. This is a Tempus who's been doing this for so long that he doesn't revel as much in the in-between moments but goes straight for the throat (AFTER destroying him in every other way). He could have saved himself a lot of trouble, but Tempus is as much about destroying the ideal of Superman as he is about killing the hero, so his attacks are two-pronged: first he destroys (or attempts to destroy) Clark's spirit, then he kills him. And of course, he makes sure Lois falls too.

Thanks, everyone!