I felt as if I had a rope wrapped around my middle jerking me this way and that, as I read this chapter. What is real? What is imagined? What is hope? What is dreaded fear? It's all so tangled up. Poor Clark; he's already had his heart broken by Lois and now stomped on (literally) by Doomsday. How can he come back from that? Why would he want to? Let's hope that this isn't suicide by Doomsday. Let's hope there's a tiny ray of sunshine left for Clark that he doesn't feel that his life is worth ending.

Beautifully written. Emotionally raw. I like what AnnieL said about the flashes being Clark's life flashing before his eyes. It made so much sense about why it starts in Smallville with sights and sounds and pies from his childhood.

Please resuscitate Clark and give him a second change at finding happiness. If for no other reason, is that even thought a small part of him hates Lois, he'd never want to be the reason she fell apart. (I didn't say it was a good reason.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.