My goodness! You never stop, do you? What kind of an ending is that?! What are you trying to do to me?

This update is incredible. I've never seen writing like that-definitely my favorite thus far. This is one of those chapters that could have easily become over-dramatic and incredibly sappy, but you put such a psychological spin on it that it felt real. What you did made Lois's terror stand out in a great way. I love the desperation and the glimpses of Perry.

Of course, I also feel obligated to chew you out for nearly killing Clark. Or does mostly dead count as just plain killing.

I almost feel like those flashes of the past he's been having are what they say about seeing your life flash across your eyes before you die. But (and I couldn't find the exact line to quote, so bear with me here) what Clark says about him trying to hide and protect himself through the memories makes me think that his ability to deal with that greatly affects his will to survive, and with Clark so hurt, that's probably what things have boiled down to. But it is interesting that he feels he had nothing left to live for. There are so many things! His parents, Jimmy (and yay to more Jimmy! Having that outside perspective balances things out a little), Perry, Superman. I know it hurts a lot, but that shouldn't affect his desire to stay alive! Live, Clark, live!

She lied. She lied when she said she wanted to try to find an us with Clark. But she told the truth when she said I didn’t know it could be like this. She wasn’t telling the truth when she said It’s not enough, but she wasn’t lying when she said I’m sorry on the rooftop.

Clark knows Lois better than anyone. But with that much vulnerability, it makes sense that he would let his uncertainty cover any subconscious knowledge of what might have happened, for the fear of being wrong. But in the end, he knows Lois, and with the number of subtle hints she gave I expected and am glad he caught on to that. Even if it did take desperation to come out!

“Don’t leave me.”

(He already has.)
thud

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."