I love that kiss. Yes. That episode made our hearts leap into our throats and drop into our stomachs, time and time again. Rollercoaster is a great description of that feeling. Yes, Clark, you have no more excuses.

As someone mentioned earlier, he does PLAN on telling her the next morning, except for the dratted phone call from his barber. wink What if Lois was ready when Clark arrived and they had already been out the door before the call came? What if he had already told her? But that's another episode.

I can clearly sense his fear at telling Lois the truth, savoring the goodness and wonderfulness that Lois having finally chosen him, but knowing that NOW he has to tell her the truth and possibly lose everything he has currently earned. That dread would surely make that night one where sleep eludes him.

I've come to the realisation that I will never rack up the word count of you or say, Anti-K, Virginia or groobie. Even my long stories are much shorter than they would be in the hands of a different author. Try as I might, I just cannot write like you guys- when I try to write as descriptively as you, it comes out flat and stilted. Just different writing styles, I guess
And here I am, admiring all those writers who can concisely tell a story. You, Lynn SM, and Queen of Capes have a beautiful gift of brevity that many of rambling (okay, I'm the only rambling storyteller in this bunch) writer wishes we could accomplish. Although, with her Quotable series Anti-K is proving herself quite a master (mistress?) of both lengths. /burning with envy/ Practice and a broken inner-editor seems to be my problem... er... gift. laugh I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.